English Tips

Wow! Thanks a lot. Never thought that you'd reply so soon... This is great.

Once again, thank you very much.

I hope you wouldn't mind if someday I ask you again with some other vocabularies problem, would you?

Wow! Thanks a lot. Never thought that you'd reply so soon... This is great.

Once again, thank you very much.

I hope you wouldn't mind if someday I ask you again with some other vocabularies problem, would you?

Just happened when I am online I saw your question direct to me...

feel free anytime...!!

i telling you what, I do have a problem with grammar too..but in the end, doesn't matter anyway! :):))(

Hi wnks, it's me again...

Would you mind helping me once more? We know that the word "receive" and "accept" in bahasa mean "menerima".

What is the difference then if the sentences are:
- I have received your letter.
- I have accepted your letter.

Such things are really important matters for english elarner like myself, because sometimes I feel difficulty to find the precise words for certain purposes.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. And please don't hesitate to criticize my writings (coz I'm still learning).

Would you mind helping me once more? We know that the word "receive" and "accept" in bahasa mean "menerima".

May I join you guys a bit here???

On those sample sentences above.......

-- I have received your letter......
The word 'Received' in this matter means that the person has already possessed the letter...the letter is his now, but that doesn't mean that he has opened / read it.

-- I have accepted your letter.
The word 'Accepted' in this matter means that the person has already possessed the letter, and understood whatever it was in the letter, and willing to comply with it.

The easier sample sentences :
1. Anna has received your apology. ....... That means Anna got the apology, but doesn't mean she's willing to forgive.
2. Anna has accepted your apology. ....... That means Anna got the apology, and willing to forgive.

Sorry if it's not too clear for you, please understand that I'm not a teacher, and my grammar is very crappy too. :)

Hopefully you'll get it.

What do you think wnks??? CMIIW.

Last edited:
May I join you guys a bit here???

On those sample sentences above.......

-- I have received your letter......
The word 'Received' in this matter means that the person has already possessed the letter...the letter is his now, but that doesn't mean that he has opened / read it.

-- I have accepted your letter.
The word 'Accepted' in this matter means that the person has already possessed the letter, and understood whatever it was in the letter, and willing to comply with it.

The easier sample sentences :
1. Anna has received your apology. ....... That means Anna got the apology, but doesn't mean she's willing to forgive.
2. Anna has accepted your apology. ....... That means Anna got the apology, and willing to forgive.

Sorry if it's not too clear for you, please understand that I'm not a teacher, and my grammar is very crappy too. :)

Hopefully you'll get it.

What do you think wnks??? CMIIW.

Surely you are most welcome to join us!

Your answer couldn't be better..:))

Hi wnks, it's me again...

Such things are really important matters for english elarner like myself, because sometimes I feel difficulty to find the precise words for certain purposes.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. And please don't hesitate to criticize my writings (coz I'm still learning).

Indonoodle make it very clear answer... and nothing wrong with your english! BTW don't be fool by looking at my face pic.. I am an Indonesian myself!

Mas wnks...

In the song lyrics, there are so many expressions of "I ain't"

What does it mean actually? am not?

Hi all .... newbie here :D

But I'll try my best to answer some of these questions. :)

Person above me, yes you're right. But it is extremely informal. I'm not even sure it's correct. I mostly hear it from afro-americans for some reason. So, I'm guessing this is ghetto-talk.

To the experts ... CMIIW. :D :D

Hi all .... newbie here :D

But I'll try my best to answer some of these questions. :)

Person above me, yes you're right. But it is extremely informal. I'm not even sure it's correct. I mostly hear it from afro-americans for some reason. So, I'm guessing this is ghetto-talk.

To the experts ... CMIIW. :D :D

could be true but not always. in the song/ poet they going for the rhyme

ain't coming from is not.

It's actually both "am not" and "is not".

IF it follows "I" then it is "am not". Obviously, it can't be "I IS not" .... can it now :D :D

Another example would be "That AIN'T right". In this case , it is "is not". ....... as in "That is not right".

Comprende ;)

kanyanya dia cuma bilang itu aja...saya rada agak lupa

You lie...she's stupid pretending <------bener gk tulisan saya
padahal bahasa inggrisnya dah jago les dari kelas 6 SD

tapi tips yg di berikan di tread ini bener" sangat membantu saya terimaksih untuk semuanya(maunya si nulisnya mau pake bahasa inggris tapi masih oon si)

Back